Purpose of Position
At Woodbury Baptist Church, we value the intentional nurture and development of future leaders/workers in the kingdom
of God. We are looking for a committed Jesus-follower to work in an internship capacity for at least 5 months, beginning in
Jan 2023. The intern will serve the church by fulfilling the ministry needs in our Children’s Ministry Area. In doing so, we
hope that the intern will also grow in all areas of life to be prepared for future good work in Jesus’s Church.
Primary Objective of Position
Serve the church in the Children’s Ministry Area. Develop relevant character and skills through working with staff, lay
leaders, and members of the church.
• Follow the guidance of the Leadership Board of the church.
• Engage as part of the church community throughout the internship by participating in Sunday worship services
and making an effort to get to know the children and their parents.
• Work with the Faith Development Ministry Area Leader and lay leaders of the Children’s Ministry to optimize and
implement children’s programs to serve the children and the young families of the church.
• Complete tasks within the Children’s Ministry Area, including coordinating/leading Sunday and Wednesday
Children’s programs, helping with volunteer training, and helping with ministry planning.
• Meet weekly with the Faith Development Ministry Area Leader and fellow intern(s) (if applicable) for support,
training, development, and brainstorming.
• Meet quarterly with Children’s Ministry volunteers and lay leaders for strategic planning and team building.
• Be a role model spiritually, morally, and relationally to the volunteers and the children involved in the Children’s
• Be/Become a regular participant at Woodbury Baptist Church.
• Have a committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Agree with the church’s Purpose Statement and beliefs.
• Have a desire for personal growth and the flourishing of the church.
• Have experience working in a children’s ministry of a church.
• Have a background in childhood education (desired).
• Type of position: Temporary, part-time, paid. (5 months, Jan–May 2023; a contract extension beyond 5 months is
possible. 8–10 hours/week; stipend.)
• Working hours: Sundays 9:00a–noon, Wednesdays 5:00p–7:00p. The rest of the hours during the week are to be
• Supervisor: Faith Development Ministry Area Leader.
• Supervisory capacity: None.
To apply, contact Simon Yeh at email@example.com or 651-738-7700.